Wednesday, April 27, 2011

when we are old...

now, i want to share some experiences i got when i visited the nursing home last week. Well, if you asked me to go there again, i need to consider again. I prefer going to the orphanage than nursing house :(. why? because i couldn't understand what they were going through. The old people! I'm not complaining, but this is the truth. I just don't want to bring sorrow to them, making them to think ," oh this young people, they will never understand what we are going through. They can't understand us!" Sad, isn't it? I want to wait until i have experienced all of this, so that i can understand them, THEN, i will go there to encourage them and comfort them. Honestly, i'm still a little girl, naive, haven't encountered a real difficulty in my life. That's why i like to go to the orphanage more that the nursing home. i understand the kids but it's hard for me to understand the oldies.

but, i'm grateful for this chance. I can pray for them and sing for them. This is what i desire the most! to become a blessing for people. I know i can't do much, but at least i pray for this old people and try to listen to their story.

I started my conversation with an old woman, sitting in front of her room. when i chat with her, she told me that she was one of the tsunami victim in 2006. I was suprised and i sit quietly to hear her story. She lost everything. her husband, her four kids, and her brother. the 7 metre-high wave swept them all. I can't imagine that. She said she would be dead if she didn't pray and ask help from God. Amazingly, she was saved. She cried while she told her story. :(. i wonder what i will be if i was her.

Another woman i prayed for was laying at her bad and she couldn't walk anymore. The sad thing was, she kept saying that she didn't want to live anymore. I asked her why, and she replied, " I don't want to be a burden for anyone.". Again, i was speechless. I didn't know what to do, and what to say. Then i asked if she wanted to be prayed or not, she wanted. So, I prayed and before i went out, i sang a hokkien song for her with ED to entertain her.

Nah, going there actually made me sad because my not being able to understand what they are going through but at least, i have the experience to see what sort of service I must give if we go there. Thus, i know now what should i do and what should i prepare. :)

Please take care of your mom and dad when they are old ,guys... you know that the nursing home isn't better than your lovely home that surrounded by the warmth of your loves. =). We will go through this phase, too.. if we are allowed to live this long...








Blessings,
NANA

No comments:

Post a Comment