Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sophomore YEAR

Hi guys! it has been a long long time for not posting! maybe for 4 months? i guess i can skip telling the story of my summer break. It was not really productive and interesting anyway. So, let's just start from my beginning of my sophomore year! oh my gosh can't believe that i'm a S O P H O M O R E right now. One year has passed in the blink of eyes and now i'm in my second year at BIOLA. =).

School started exactly 5 days ago, but i have been on campus almost 2 weeks ago. I helped with the international student orientation actually. It was quite awesome to meet a lot of new people from different countries. I was a bit uncomfortable with helping them on the first hand because I was a shy person. It was hard for me to connect with them. But thank God, i tried to get out from my comfort zone and tried to help them as hard as I can. Finally, everything was getting easier! =). Maybe in the beginning, i regret coming here early, but not now. I was thankful for that cause i got the wonderful experience that i could only get once in a lifetime. God wanted me to learn something from here. It was not to think about myself, not to be self-centered, but to think about others.

After the orientation, school started! This week was a crazy week for me, i guessed. After not studying for whole 3 months, i felt dizzy even after reading the syllabus! can't believe that! now i know why people said that being a freshman is the best. when you entered your second year, things will be different and yeah, i felt that too. The classes are A LOT MORE harder that last year. So much projects and papers! i also have 34 fieldwork hours in elementary school. >.< Aaaaaaaa... i could not think of anything after i realized that.

But then, in the time when i was so desperate, S reminded me that i should not depend on myself. YES! That's it! That is the answer! I was so suprised by that statement. all this time, i think that i can't do it this year. I'm gonna lose. I depend on myself. I forget how i get through all my classed last year. It was God who helped me. Without Him, i could not make it to second year. Well, i guess, i need to always remember that God is the source of my strength. I needed to always depend on Him..

I hope this post can encourage you guys who are in the midst of difficulty in your classes. Sometimes, you feel that you can't finish the project on time, you can't do your work well enough, you feel that you want to surrender. However, remember that you will absolutely can't do everything when you depend on your own strength. We are human. we are not perfect and we are weak. Depend on God. God is strong. God is infallible. He will certainly help us to get through everything. =)

Have a blessed Sunday, readers..  Remember, God loves you!

Blessings,
NANA

No comments:

Post a Comment