Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of College

Hi, everyone! It's been a long time not to update my blog.. kinda dull huh? So, guess what? i'm in the states right now and today is my first day of my college. I had 2 classes today and both of them were awesome except that i was worried with my math class. The professor is great but the thing is, the math is in English, not in Indonesia and i was so afraid that i can't catch up with the class. However, some of my friends told me that it's okay for the first time. You will get used to it. I was sort of relieved after hearing that. Anyway, i'm going to do the best so i can get a good grade =). I still have trouble in writing and speaking though. Hiks. Wish me luck!

I'm gonna tell you about my day here from the beginning, when i first arrived here. Well, firstly, i cried when i left my parents in SG. I missed them so much even until now. Skype and telephone won't help that much. let's skip that part. I think i'm gonna cry if i kept writing about that.

Then, i arrived at here, La mirada. Everything is wonderful. The weather, the people, and my university of course! and the most exciting is that my dorm ALPHA is not bad at all, in fact my room is so spacious. There's a lot of room here. I was so happy and thanking God for giving me this room. It is in front of the laundry and near the restroom.Kyaaaa... tuing3.

About the orientation, i found it fascinating. I met a lot of people through this and made friends with them. They are from Korea, Japan, India, Thailand, Russia, Hungary, Africa, etc. A lot right? and i had the chance to know about their cultures. I discovered that the orientation was educating me and it was really different to the orientation in Indonesia. anyway, i met indonesian friends too. =D. I'm not alone hereeee..... woohoooo...

the last thing is i finally met my roommate =D. Sydney is in da house! Lol. Okay, she is crazy anyway haha.. and funny. I have a great moment with her. She help me a lot. and yesterday we had a long night chat, sharing our faith. =). although we come from a different place, i felt connected to her. She understand me and i was so happy that i have a friend to share with. =). she gave me some advice too and during that night, i felt God's presence, like he was watching us talking. I knew God has a big plan for me and her. Being her roommate is such a blessing. =). i hope that we can grow our relationship with God together.

Some photos =p:











hihihi.. anyway that's all i think. we will have an open hall tonight in the dorm, and we need to dress up like a kid.. =3. LOL! Photos will come soon. =D

Blessings,
NANA

No comments:

Post a Comment